Thursday, February 23, 2017

Literary Love Letters, 2017

Below are submissions by the Writing 1 class for the Quick Write prompt to write "Literary Love Letters."
------------------------------------
Ode to Verbs
Verbs are tantalizing.  One thing I cannot stand is too many boring, commonplace verbs.  When I make my characters talk in a story, they may have joked, puzzled, suggested, noted, or giggled, but never "said."  Said is among the greatest literary banes in my existence.  Only those who are lazy write “said” more than two times in a row.  A good verb is truly able to lighten up any sentence.

------------------------------------

Dear Parenthesis,
     I love how you make my life complete, even thought you only sit on a piece of sheet.  You help me know what is important, even if it does not seem worth it.  You can be in the beginning, middle, or end of a sentence, and you give everything a certain essence.
     Oh wonderful parenthesis, you are always written so fine, I would love it if you would be my Valentine.
Forever and always,
Yours
------------------------------------

To Essays,
I love writing essays because they inform, entertain, give life stories, and more.  They are also pretty easy to write for me.  I love writing stories about my life and about friends and family. The you can add dynamics like the right punctuation and all that fun stuff.  I love essays.

------------------------------------

To Questions Marks,
I love question marks.  I love it when people ask me things if I know what it is, and I also like to ask lots of questions.  Question marks and I could become friends.

------------------------------------

To the Puns of the World,
You have so many thoughts and can make anyone happy.  Some may hate you and would punish others if they talked about you.  But doughnut worry about what otters may think about you.  For I will always bee happy to talk to ewe.

------------------------------------

My Dear Commas,
I love you so much.  Thank you for all your hard work you do.  I love how you make things flow together.  How you make things make sense and lovely.  I couldn't life without you.
Love you!

------------------------------------

Dear Adjectives,
My excessive love for you is shown through my long, exciting novel.  In which you are quite commonly use.  You are far more enjoyable than diabolical complex sentences and their evil subordinating conjunctions.  I love you even more than compound-complex sentences though they do add flair to my writing.  Still, they are like a 49er without bacon when lacking you. I find you in Hallmark movie titles, Pokemon cards, my book, and more.  I love you, Adjectives.
Your Beloved

------------------------------------

I love, with steaming intensity, to dislike you, comma.  You are a nagging, ceaseless, confusing part of grammar that I always will find on a rough draft of mine.  For some reason which I am unaware of at the moment, you are probably the most confusing part of grammar, yet used very frequently.  I truly have feelings for disliking you, and you have changed me forever.

------------------------------------

Oh ". . ." how I love your dramatic pause.  The suspence you add to a simple story excites me.  You ". . ." can make any story a mystery.  You can add som much life to a story.  The conversations we make with you are, so endearing, so memorable to me.

------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Period,
I want to express to you the deep adoration I feel for all that you do to make a sentence complete.  You know it is my opinion that the periods importance is overlooked.  However, I believe that you are as important as the subject or the verb.  You are a very valuable part of all writing.  I hope that all good writers will never overlook you, but place you with pride at the end of each sentence.
Sincerely Yours

------------------------------------

Dear Which/Witch,
You confuse my life daily.  When writing to my grandma, I may accidentally call her a witch, when I am just trying to ask which airline she is coming on.
Confused

------------------------------------

Dear Grammar,
I don't like you.  It's not me.  It's you.
Writing 1 Student

------------------------------------









No comments:

Post a Comment