Thursday, February 9, 2017

Literary Love Letters, 2017

Each year, either just before Valentine's Day or right after, I assign the students to write a "Literary Love Letter" as their Quick Write.  Below are this year's contributions.

To the Jason Bourne trilogy:
You always keep me entertained.  It is never a dull moment with them.  The suspense, action, and drama keep them interesting.
~Your admirer

To Free Writing:
I love writing free write stories!  To me they are fun, exciting, passionate, even.  If I could, I would write them for as long as I could.  Sometimes I would stay up into the night when I had a good story going.  I love them almost enough to spend the rest of my life doing them.  Although, eventually I think I would get tired of it.
~ Your admirer

Dear Space,
It is hard to imagine what reading would be like if you didn't exist.  Words would just be  jumble of letters all strung together.  Nothing would be legible.  Iwouldbe writingsomethiglikethis.  So, space, spacing -- whatever you want to be called, your job is important.
~ A thoughtful student.


No comments:

Post a Comment