Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mastering the Comma Review


Punctuate the following sentences.

1.     Throughout these four essays a theme of fitting into society is found.
2.     Jim hand forgotten to change his watch to daylight saving time so he missed the first meeting of the day.
3.     In the essay “Ring Leader” the writer does not try to hide her peculiarities but becomes more forceful in making them apparent.
4.     He was speaking to me his sister as if I were a child.
5.     Nick told me that Joan was an employee of the college the wife of a professor.
6.     When I looked the car over I saw that its tire seemed to be losing air so I drove to the station on the corner and filled it up.
7.     From the start to finish the defense insisted that the one and only issue in the case was whether the college had deprived Jane of her right to free speech.
8.     The professor thought of Janet the only mother in her classes who cooked in a diner all day and came to school at night worn out.
9.     She filed an official grievance which worked its way through the institutional process.
10.            Even though Matt was angry with Carrie he decided to call her anyway.
11.            I realized that I could gain another 15 minutes of sleep if I went to class in my pajamas but I noticed that my fellow classmates had made the same discovery.
12.            From changing our hairstyles to changing our physical appearances surgically some of us have strong desires to conform to society’s demands to fit in.
13.            Society is no help for it tells us again and again that we can most be ourselves by looking like someone else.
14.            From the moment I got out of bed and answered the phone today great things began to happen.
15.            She was not in the popular group and she wished that she could feel accepted by her peers.
16.            The paper which she finally decided to write on an aspect of the Civil War received an A.
17.            The newspaper that covered the story misspelled my name.
18.            My aunt Mary Ann said that her inn was filled over the Thanksgiving holiday.
19.            When we bought the new house Josie helped paint all the downstairs rooms.
20.            For the reunion my family came from England France Italy and South Dakota.
21.            While the children sang in the recital their parents watched with rapt attention.
22.            She cared so much about the way others looked at her that she forgot what really matters which is feeling comfortable with oneself.
23.            He rooted for his home baseball team and he wished it would win more often.
24.            As she grew older Anna found that her home and garden became more important to her.
25.            Leah and her suitemates Carla Heather Jessica and Samantha went skiing during winter break.




No comments:

Post a Comment