Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Writing 1 News

Greetings!
Welcome to Writing 1!  Registration is still open for the class, but I wanted to connect with families to give some preliminary information.

I have an initial draft of the syllabus for the class. I'm still working on specific lesson plans.  We'll be reading 2 books for the first semester:  Animal Farm (George Orwell) and A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens).  The students will be writing 4 papers this fall.  I plan to buy the thrift edition of the Dickens book through Dover Publications.  Dover does not have the Orwell book available, but I did find a "lot" of books on EBay.  I like to have students use the same books whenever possible.  If you have copy of this book at home, let me know.  Please, no library copies; the books become due before the end of the class.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.
Looking forward to the class,
Tammy Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment