Friday, May 12, 2017

Writing 1 Class Notes -- Week 15 (May 11)

Greetings!

Well, we've made it through another great year at CHAT.   I know that these great students learned a lot -- just compare their first essays with their final ones!

Even though I had a full day planned for the class, we didn't skip the Quick Write.  Thursday was the 159th anniversary of Minnesota's statehood, the day that SPAM was produced, and National Eat What you Want Day.  Students could write about any of the choices.



We didn't do any Words of the Day this week.  I wanted to make sure we had time for the rest of our activities.


I handed back all the homework that I had graded, and students handed in their Spring Grammar Tests along with any other homework that they had for me.  If there is still any homework left to be handed in, I will take it until next Thursday (May 18).  After that, I will send out grades.



Now for the fun stuff ...
We finished our Poetry Jam.  Team 2 (Caitlin, Jade, Shannon, Gabriel) and Team 3 (Isabella, Sam, Kayla, David, and Macy) recited against each other, while the other 3 teams judged.  We had a great collection of poems, some memorized and some originals.  As far as I'm concerned everyone who participated was a winner!  We finished our poetry with the 5 teams doing a class reading of Dr. Seuss's "Oh the Places You will Go."



Remaining in our teams, the class then played a Jeopardy game with questions related to the grammar, writing, and literature that we've covered this year.  


I'm pretty proud of these kids.  They've written well, engaged well in class discussions, worked hard on homework, and been generally great all-around kids.  We had a marvelous year reading and writing!


Assignments for Next Week:
-- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

This week's links:
Class Notes

Have a great summer!
Mrs. Prichard





No comments:

Post a Comment